Chicago Auto Show

Two things that are not necessarily to my liking, is it FWD and has only a V6. It seems to be well made, nicely equipped with all the bells an whistles for the $27,200 it cost me, with good power and fuel mileage. However it is the car my wife drives, not me. I still have the 2005 LS, I moved it down to Key West to use when I'm there. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

When I looked at the Zephyr and LS at the auto show, I thought that the LS was still a better luxury car for the reasons you stated, and knowing your preference for V8 RWD, it seemed like an odd choice for you. We all need to keep wives happy though ;-)

Enjoy your new and old ride!

Reply to
Ray O

You should have bought a Charger with Hemi. Rear wheel drive V8.

Reply to
Art

Wow. My singer is a sign-language interpreter. The just had a kid. She's 4 months

She's already signing...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I would have taken one!

And, probably have talked to you in person, too!

A japanese hawking Toyotas? Does it get any better? And a KNOWLEDGABLE Toy Rep to boot!

We have a customer coming from Japan tomorrow. I guess I should have learned to say something other than, "Whare are the two-bit wh@res", eh?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Me too, dammit!!

I always go OVER the estimated mileage! Damn, you think they'd get it frigging RIGHT!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Right-o! '80 Corolla, rated 19-27 = 33 '85 Corolla, rated 20-29 = 36 (My GT-S) '87 Corolla, rated 22-32 = 40! (with gusts up to 47 on extended trips!) '95 Tercel, rated 24-34 = 45!!!! '88 Supra, rated 18-27....well, let's not talk about the Supra just yet...

The only Toyota I have ever had that MET it's EPA rating was the '85 Celica GT-S.

It was rated 27. I got 27. 17 years later, with a bad motor!

Reply to
Hachiroku

better than EPA figures in Toyotas.

I do better than the hiway mileage...in combined driving!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't know how tall Mike's passengers are, it looks like you have to duck pretty low to get into the back seat :-(

Reply to
Ray O

Yeah, people always thought I came straight from the factory and used to ask where I learned such good English. Most of the time I told them that I grew up on the north side of Chicago, but if I wanted to have some fun...

You can say "irashaimase" (ee-ra-sha-ee-ma-say), which means "welcome" when they come to your house or office.

You can say "ohaio-gozaimasu" (ohio-go-zai-mas) - "good morning"

You can say "Kon-nichi-wa" (cone-knee-chee-wah) - "good day"

You can say "kon-ban-was" (comb-ban-wah) - "good evening" - used as a greeting

Sayonara - good bye

"Ko-he ikaga desu ka" (ko-he-ee-ka-ga-des-ka) - would you like some coffee?

"nomi ni ikimasho (no-me-knee ee-key-mah-show) - let's go drinking.

have fun!

Reply to
Ray O

I test drove one a couple of times. My wife was pissed that there were no memory seats available on a $35k car and that they wanted you to buy the ugly Chrysler 300C if you wanted memory seats. Of course, then my wife buys the Honda Accord hybrid with no memory seats.

Reply to
Art

Memory seats tend to be on more upscale and luxury cars and unfortunately, $35k does not always get you into that category :-(

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks, but I don't know about the 'drinking' part.

From what I have seen of Japanese businessmen, I don't think my head (or my liver) can take it! And I have a reputation for being a Lush because of my love for Crown Royal, but in reality I only drink about 5-6 shots in a night, once every week or two. Now, we won't even MENTION what happens with Everclear!

Reply to
Hachiroku

How about the Palmer ballet?