corolla cruise cable?

For my 03 Corolla, can anyone tell me where, under the car (from what to what), the cable/wire runs for my cruise control? My cc isn't working, and I want to rule out whether the cable got cut or worn out. I'm only a backyard mechanic, and I don't own a service manual, so I'd rather not be guessing which cable I am looking at. Thanks.

Reply to
Rick

Since the cruise control actuator is located near the top of the engine compartment, I recommend checking it by opening the hood and looking in the engine compartment instead of getting under the car.

The cruise control cable runs from the cruise control actuator to the throttle body. It is attached to the same bell crank as the throttle cable. One of the cables is attached to the throttle pedal and the other is attached to the cruise control actuator.

Before you spend too much time and effort looking for the cruise control cable, I'll let you know that I have never seen a worn or cut cruise control cable.

Start by checking the fuses.

a technical service bulletin (TSB) was issued for the North American 2003 Corolla regarding corrections to the factory service manual for cruise control system diagnosis.

Reply to
Ray O