Corolla when starts rpm rises an dlowers

Hi I have a 2003 corolla. When I turn on the car the rpm will slowly rise and suddenly drop about 1500 to 2300 or so. I notice this in the winter time only. Is their a speciifc reason for this occurrence? Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike

It is normal to have a high idle in cold weather, but 2300 RPM sounds a little high. I would take it to a dealer for diagnosis.

Reply to
Ray O