dashboard light on 2001 corolla LE

Hi all --

the lights on the dashboard (specifically the ones that light up the speedometer) of my wife's 2001 corolla LE have gone out. whatever lights up the "door ajar" and "low gas" indicators works. the dimmer control to the left of the steering column has no effect.

doesn't seem to be a fuse issue, because the fuse that controls that also controls other things that are working fine. (i think that's the one, at least, the manual isn't very specific, it just says "meters and gauges")

does it sound like there's a bulb that needs to be changed?

thanks in advance!

Reply to
michael conner

If you have NO lights at all, you have a bigger problem than a bulb. CHECK the fuses, either by eye or buy a fuse tester; they give then to you with fuse kits. Does ANYTHING light up at all?

Either you have a blown fuse or you have a loose connection under the dash. It's kind of a PITA; you have to get upside down under the dash on the driver's side and locate the connectors. Alternately you could pull the instrument cluster, but this is almost as much of a pain (at least you're upright...).

Check the fuses thouroughly and call me back...

Reply to
hachiroku

"" wrote: > Hi all -- > > the lights on the dashboard (specifically the ones that light > up the > speedometer) of my wife's 2001 corolla LE have gone out. > whatever > lights up the "door ajar" and "low gas" indicators works. the > dimmer > control to the left of the steering column has no effect. > > doesn't seem to be a fuse issue, because the fuse that > controls that > also controls other things that are working fine. (i think > that's the > one, at least, the manual isn't very specific, it just says > "meters and > gauges") > > does it sound like there's a bulb that needs to be changed? > > thanks in advance!

I have a 99 corrolla and have had the exact same problem! I have checked all the fuses and they are fine...

Reply to
royroy

One or more bulbs need to be changed.

Reply to