Down shifting

I agree with you that the WebTV users *can* do some things...but they won't...at least most won't. That's why they spent about $175 on the setup and then get a blurry picture from an average TV. They want it to be *easy*. They (most, I'm speaking of), don't care to take the time to learn computer techniques. They want to plug it up and go. Some have hell making a WebTV work, I know one that did. Took him over a year to use a cellphone...and that's just to make a call and answer. He still hasn't figured out how to retrieve his messages from it, and I just gave up and said RTFM. He's a perfect example of what the majority of WebTV'ers are with electronic devices.

...Allen

Reply to
Allen L.

Well dUH. (Engine, only if you rev it and actually, not the transmission so much as the clutch.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Sorry, I should have said: Webtv's fault for making it difficult for morons.

You expect him to read the instructions? He probably didn't even read the owners manual for the car he's destroying by downshifting.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

So true. Even the commercials for webtv show a glassy-eyed moron saying how easy it is to "sit in my comfort zone".

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

If you refer to the exerpt above. His spelling is correct. Did he mean to say "you are command of our language"? I think not. Don't correct Typos if you are going to be doing it with the pencil hanging out of your arse.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Do you have a hat with two beer can holders with straws?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

He was referring to the error he corrected 'yer' to you're. You should not try to correct ones posting if your own head is up YOUR ass. =)

Reply to
Josh

I was refering to 'Yer'. Of course, you snipped it.

It's ASS, dipshit.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

He corrected Your, to you're though, which was really bad.

Also, in the case of the quoting. He posted

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Sleeker GT Phwoar wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net:

This guy has been unc "Well, my wife and I were golfing. At this particular hole, she slices the ball waaaay over to the one side, and it goes over a fence and into a farmyard.

"So we hop over the fence and start looking. I figured I'd mentally follow the trajectory of the ball and try to calculate where it might have gone, and it happens to go directly to this cow standing there.

"I walk up to the cow and lift her tail and sure enough there's my wife's golf ball stuck in the cow's butt. So I turn around and yell 'Hey honey, this looks like yours!'.

"And that's the last thing I remember."

Reply to
TeGGer®

that is a nice save.