Driving a car until it dies...

Sadly, I just have brains. Someday I will have money so long as I keep working for it.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

How do people "buy new cars because they can not afford to buy new cars?"

However, the people of whom I speak were able to afford new cars without even taking out a loan. They just were smart enough to realize that it is better to save money than waste it on things (like new cars) that they did not need.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

careful Mike, :)

Reply to
dbu

I don't have a wife. That is why I can afford to buy a new car any time I want.

But I still have my 98 Camry V6 XLE because it is almost perfect condition. Using Mobil 1 synthetic probably helps.

Reply to
Mark A

You can't take it with you.

Reply to
Mark A

Women judge men by the car they drive. Not only the type but how old it is. That is a simple fact of life.

Reply to
Mark A

You sound like my wife, she doesn't get it either. My wife is 69 years old and she still collects cents off store coupons. I'm NOT talking about people who must borrow money for five, six or seven years to buy economy cars every ten years or more just to get to work, but the average NEW vehicle buyer, referred to in the original post, in the US that can afford to buy and operate the larger safer vehicles they want and need, even if they must pay for them over three or four years as they have been doing for many years.

Those of use that can easily write a check for a new car every two or three years, and there are hundreds of thousands of us in the US, have no NEED to SAVE money. What we need to do is SPEND the money that our money is earning every day or at least give it to others of our choice. If we do not, we will simply turn it over to the feds, at the rate of 52%, in death taxes.

I have provided for my five children and the educati>> Thanks for helping to prove my point that people who need to save money

Reply to
Mike hunt

Actually, I do get it. Just because one has money doesn't mean that one must waste money or that it is a bad idea to save money, even if that means using coupons.

Rich people can be stupid, too.

If they had brain-death taxes, you would have turned it over already.

Good.

Reply to
Jeff

Where were all those women when I got a new car every 3 months?

Reply to
Ray O

You were too busy accumulating merit badges.

Reply to
Mark A

I'm 82 but since I started driving Mustang GT convertibles I have been picking up some really young stuff all the time. You should have seen the white babe I picked up the other day, she could not have been a day over 55 ;)

Reply to
Mike hunt

"Charles Pisano" .

I tend to agree with this. I buy a vehicle because I will want to be driving it forever, as long as that is. When it costs more to fix than car payments would be , then it goes.

Tomes

98 Sienna 198K miles 02 Wrangler 91K miles 07 Prius, 20K miles We expect to put a lot more miles on each of these.
Reply to
Tomes

You're at least 50 lbs. overweight, fat guy. Don't lie and say it's muscle at rest.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Closer to 80 pounds overweight or 14 inches too short. 204 is upper end of normal for 6'4".

Reply to
ray

Like I said your're jealous. ;)

Reply to
Mike hunt

Like you've said, over and over here, you're senile and drunk.

Like you, this character also thinks everybody is jealous of her:

larry moe 'n curly

Closer to 80 pounds overweight or 14 inches too short. 204 is upper end of normal for 6'4".

Nah.. I'm a life and health insurance broker and he's almost preferred on some companys tables. 260 is about the top end for preferred at his height. So, given his age ...I'd say live it up...but I don't think we need to tell him that ...he does...LOL

Reply to
Charles Pisano

Nope, I was already too old to earn merit badges by that time.

Reply to
Ray O