engine pulsates at 1800 rpms

got a 1986 Toyota Celica, ST, with the standard engine.

In nuetral, at approx 1800 rpms, the engine pulsates. Anything over that or under is fine.

Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Larry

Reply to
WINSTAMPS

In the U.S., the 1986 Celica ST was offered with only 1 engine.

There is a deceleration fuel cut around 1800 RPM, that is probably the cause of the pulsation.

Reply to
Ray O

Hmmmmm....this sounds like a familiar question, wot?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I knew you'd pick up on it! OK, I'll let you in on a secret of mine...

When I know the answer to an oddball question, it is because I'd researched it once before, and not because I carry all that information around in my tiny brain.

Reply to
Ray O

I met your current replacement. George was in a bad mood that day so I had to run along. I believe he is a Japanese-American also. Maybe Chinese, but after being married to an Asian for 8 years, you learn to tell them apart. (Boy, did THAT sound racist, or what?!?!) So, you DON'T all look alike to me!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't know George. I'm sure he was hired long after I left. Likely a CA native transplanted to the northeast.

I believe he is a Japanese-American also. Maybe Chinese, but

One of my fellow Boy Scout leaders is Filipino. We've known each other for years and since we're both pretty active in our council and share many interests, we tend to hang out together. Although we're about the same height and build, he has a beard. Even with the beard, people get us confused!

Reply to
Ray O

Dam, man, I have a better eye than THAT!

Reply to
Hachiroku