Found On Road Dead

Took a 2400 mile road trip in my '01 Camry recently and took note of the model of the cars I saw dead on the side of the road with no one attending to them (I guess my little mind count answers the question 'what will you think about now that you don't have to be concerned with your cars dependability?).

I didn't count the ones that were being actively repaired or with people in them (maybe just resting).

I saw a little over 50 cars give or take. I found this to be quite a lot. I chalk it up to there being more drivers and more people on the roads and more people with more time to be on the roads compared to say

1980. I took a similar trip in '80 and don't remember nearly as many. I'd venture a guess back then of say 5 total.

Anyway, there were 2 hondas, 3 toyotas , 1 hyundai and most of the rest were 'merican. And the lions share of those was GM. 8>)

Or I guess it could be a coincidence that GM buyers don't spring for the AAA club membership. ??

Reply to
Charles Pisano

Reminds me of a couple of stories. One the time I was taking a trip with a bunch of kids and one six year old said you there are a lot of cars around here with Ohio plates. I told him most people in this state live here in Ohio. My one fried always tell people, that own Hondas, that he sees more Honda being towed than any other brand. He lives down the road for a Honda dealer. OR maybe they simply got diesel fuel instead of gas at the last fill up. LOL

mike hunt

Charles Pisano wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

How old were the broken down cars? GM used to sell a ton of cars in the US.

Reply to
Art

The sill do, today. GM sells more than any other manufacture in the world. In the US, GM sells more truck alone than Toyota, Lexus, and Scion together sells cars and trucks combined.

mike hunt

Art wrote:

Reply to
RustyFendor

Too bad it isn't enuf to fund their pension plan.

Reply to
Art