BMW I-Drive

UGH! What a mess!

15 Credits away from a degree in Info Systems, and I STILL can't tune the radio!
Reply to
hachiroku

Maybe I should go check out a BMW dealership to check one of these out to see what the hell is so complicated about them.. I here everyone complaining about it.. it can't be that hard.. can it?

Reply to
Ruffrydasean

A friend of mine has one. He's had it since May, and he still has trouble with it. The menus are not intuitive enough to allow you to do thins quickly enough.

If you've ever read one of the posts I've made about the driving ability of BMW drivers, the LAST thing you want in their cars is something that distracts them for more then 2 seconds...

Reply to
hachiroku

Hey! I'm a BMW driver, and except for totalling my car last week, I'm pretty good at driving it.

Reply to
J Strickland

Your honor, the Prosecution rests...

Reply to
hachiroku

Hey, it was the old lady in the double knit lime green pants suit that turned left in front of me ... I was minding my own business, dialing the radio in, talking on the phone eating a burger while getting a fax on my wireless computer connected to the internet and fixing my nails.

Reply to
J Strickland

I'll post this one again. Back in the mid-80's they were rebuilding Rt 91 through northern CT, and they startted with the bridge going across the Ct River. They started at one end on one side, and they had traffic on the other side coned off to 2 lanes from 3. This woman in a BMW (older, probably early-mid 50's) is driving in the far left hand lane, and passes a sign, Merge Right, 2 MI. Then a sign that says, Merge Right, 1 MI. Then one that says, Merge Right, 1/2 MI (in the meantime, the rest of us are all in the right hand lanes, with just a dweeb or tow not merging...) then Merge right 1/4 MI, then the cones. She got down to the LAST GOSH-DARN CONE and was sitting there, wondering why everyone was wizzing right by here, leaving her there...

Reply to
hachiroku

Probably never consciously saw one of those signs...but no different than little old ladies sitting stopped at the end of the merge lanes looking anxiously over their left shoulder as traffic whizzes by...I always let other drivers merge if they're trying to match speeds and edging over...the LOL sitting stopped at the end of the merge can stay there for all I care...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

That's what I said! I gave her PLENTY of opportunities to pull in any time she wanted for those 2 miles, and she never even tried! How dense can you be?!

Reply to
hachiroku

hachiroku wrote: snip

You likely did everyone in that heavy traffic a favour by keeping her out of it till there was very few cars on the road...dunno how some people get their licenses, they don't seem to know much about the rules of the road...

Reply to
Gord Beaman