Gas mileage question??

I herd that driving with your tailgate down will give you better gas mileage. Is this true?? Thanks Jamie

Reply to
Jamie Mello

No.

In addition, the truck is structurally more solid with the tailgate up. This comes in handy if you are rear-ended by another truck.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

No.

Mythbusters busted that one awhile back.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Get a tonneau cover or a flow-through tailgate.

Mike D.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

The flow through tailgate is even worse. It itself create drag turbulence.

Leave the tailgate up to save gas or diesel. Adding tonneau cover will help even more.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Thanks I did not even think about how the tailgate up. Would help if you got rear ended. By some other truck.Thanks you may have saved my life Jamie :-)

Reply to
Jamie Mello