Gas pedal unresponsive on Rav4

Diagnosis would be much easier and more likely to be correct if you provide all of the symptoms and the conditions under which they occur at one time. I used to suggest to customers that they keep a piece of paper and write down when the symptoms occur, with a list of items like vehicle speed, how long the vehicle had been driven, ambient temperature, weather, speeding up, slowing down, right after getting gas, etc. By writing this stuff down, a pattern may appear which will help in diagnosis.

An EGR problem is not likely to cause the engine to lose power at 40 MPH.

Reply to
Ray O

chris

You are one of the few who keep a log. My hat is off to you for having the foresight to do so.

Perhaps you may wish to bring it to another technician or Toyota dealer for diagnosis.

Reply to
Ray O