GTO - The Wheely Guarantee

Hi, I've heard that the 66 Goat was gauranteed to pull a 'Wheely' with the standard factory setup. Is this an 'Urban Legend'?Cre

yoopdjlo

Toyota made a "GT-S", not a "GTO".

And, no, the GT-S couldn't pull a wheelie with the standard factory setup. It needed the kind of gas you have between your ears to do that...

Reply to
Hachiroku

now if you were talking about the 66 Pontiac GTO, I don't think it would do a wheelie but was flat ass awsome in a straight line. Just don't try to rely on the brakes or handling. I don't remember specifics but This was in the days of the muscle cars and the stock GTO was hairier than about all others.

Ron in Ca

Reply to
ron