Headlight assembly replacement for a 2000 Corolla CE

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me if there's any reflector replacement in the market for a 2000 Corolla compatible with HID lights? My wife's car needs new lights, since the plastic of the old ones is blurry and not transparent anymore, I was thinking about pimping the car a little bit (and improving safety as well).

thanks!

Reply to
BlueD

Unless someone makes an HID system specifically designed for this car, you might be throwing money away. If you've noticed, Aftermarket HID systems are disappearing from the market, because unless it is aimed properly, the light is scattered and not focused like it should be.

You can go to a parts store and get a kit with polish, a cloth, and optical epoxy. You buff the lens, and then apply the epoxy. I have not tried this myself; I scrapped the only vehicle that needed this treatment before I did it. Others have said it works well.

Or, you can contact Keystone and Certi-fit and get a replacement assy...it's going to be fairly expensive, but I'm betting a lot less than an HID upgrade!

If you really want to go HID, look on the web for a reputable manufacturer that makes a kit for your car. Expect to pay ~$1200 for a system.

And, I don't know what the bulbs are in my Scion, but they are bright as hell! I get people flashing me when the lights are on Low Beam! Contact a Toyota/Scion dealer and ask them what bulbs they use in the Scion tC.

Reply to
Hachiroku

That's exactly why I want new reflectors, the problem is that apparently there's a good japanese brand that makes it, but they don't have a website in english and I can't find a dealer in socal.

The price for a conversion is probably around 500 more than 1200, the prices have fallen a lot, it's not that expensive.

Reply to
BlueD