hybrid tax credit ?

Is it true on the hybrid tax credit? Someone told me this is the last year to get a 2000$ credit for putting a hybrid on the road in 2005. After Jan 1st 2006, the credit drops to 500$... Is there any truth to rumors the feds will change this to make some incentive to buy a hybrid?

TP

Reply to
TP

Is it a credit or just a deduction?

Brent

Reply to
Brent Secombe

This may answer your questions:

Doug

Ever seen irs.gov?

Reply to
Bonehenge

The was a lot of concern in the Congress about giving one taxpayers money to another to another taxpayers buy a higher priced foreign car. Maybe not that hybrids are being built in the US by American companies that may change. :)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

THere is a new limited tax deal for manufacturers that is pretty much incomprehensible like most of the tax code. I believe the credit exists for the first certain number of cars built so there will be a race to build them but no one will know when they have gone over the limit.

Reply to
Art

Standby, our President Bush is going to revamp the tax code. You will want him to run again, but of course he can't. Bush will get this damn tax code right.

Reply to
.dbu,

I see the honda accord 2005 listed but not the honda accord 2006.

Reply to
comcast

Yes, I've seen the accord listed. I talked to a Toyota salesman, he was honest and said; The feds keep changing things if you can figure it out go for it. But don't buy the car relying on a credit. I guess he is right, some things (taxes) are can be confusing. But I'm not confused on the car, I like the Prius. Looks to have the technology other car makers want.

Reply to
TP

I've been looking in to this a lot. It looks like this is the current estimate of the tax credits:

The Civic CNG comes out on top with a credit of $3500. Unfortunately, with natural gas prices going the way they are, I think it would be really expensive to operate one of those things. The Prius is next up with a $3150 credit. The Accord only rates a credit of $650.

--Bill

Reply to
woessner