iPod in a 2005 Carolla

I had the stock baseline CD player that comes with the 2005 Carolla -- I was wondering if there where any *tidy* solutions replacement equipment that I can get for the car that would allow me to use my iPod while driving .......

Reply to
starritt

My iPod works just fine with the radio in my 2000 Echo. If you're going to use it mostly for the car, it's worth it to invest in the "RoadTrip" by Griffin, because it charges as well as transmits. If you're using it a lot in your house and car, then get the regular dock. I hope that helps - maybe I'm not following what you're asking, though.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

The FM transmitters give awful sound - go with an auxiliary imput jack.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Maybe with the Corolla - but the Echo's sound system is great, IMO

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

It puzzles me that auto radio options do not include a simple set of either RCA jacks or mini plug input. All sorts of portable players have been available for many years, which could benefit from that.

Seem auto designers are busy, as always changing the shape of the brake light lenses, but forget about a very practical addition to their expensive sound systems.

rich

Reply to
RichK

Agree 100% - now they seem intent on integrating steering wheel controls, in the glass multiple antennas and strange shaped openings so you have a difficult time replacing their $100 mediocre radio with a $300 superior unit! Yota is worse - at least Nissan smartened up a few years ago. Shame on Yota for their radio and crappy Dunlop/Goodyear/Firestone tires.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Oops - mean their mediocre $1000! unit

Reply to