Is a "test wire" for a Toyota 7MGE any special kind of wire?

There are various tasks that call for a test wire to go between jumpers on a test block in the engine compartment - such as setting the ignition timing. Can this be basically any conductive wire that makes solid contact with the jumpers? Does it require any special properties?

Reply to
HiC

Paper clips work just fine. I made a 'test wire' with two male spades and a piece of wire.

Anything that conducts will work just fine.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Oh, BTW, before you go messing with the timing, try removing the ECU fuse in the fuse box under the hood for about a minute. It will reset the ECU and force it to learn new parameters.

Doing this reset my idle to factory and brought my mileage up about 2 MPG...

Reply to
Hachiroku