knocking from manual transmission (only when cold)

Hello...

I have a 2004 2 wheel manual trans Tacoma.

Only when cold, transmission makes knocking when clutch is released and only for a few feet (10-20ft)...

I let the engine warm up to make sure that it was not related to cold weather engine noise and it does not matter.

Perhaps MDT Tech knows the answer.. or anyone else?

Thank you in advance!

-j

Reply to
reelflytime

I dunno, but my Mazda does the same thing. Clutch material needs to warm up...?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Noises are very difficult to diagnose without actually hearing them.

Can you fell the knocking or just hear it, i.e. in the shift lever, clutch pedal, seat?

When you say that the clutch is "released" do you man that the clutch is disengaged (clutch pedal in) or when the clutch is engaged (clutch pedal out)?

Does the noise occur only one time for the 10 ~ 20 feet when the transmission is cold or does it happen for 10~20 feet for the first several starts until the transmission warms up?

Doe the noise occur when you engage or disengage the clutch in neutral?

Reply to
Ray O