main belt repair

My husband is repacing the water pump in my 2000 Echo and is needing to know how the main/fan belt fits on the car. I know absolutely nothing about cars so I am unfortunately not able to provide a better description of what he's looking for. He isn't the best with cars but knows what he's doing....can you help?

Reply to
Lindsey.Christley

Computer problem. Posting again.

There is usually a sticker with a diagram of the serpentine belt routing under the hood somewhere. He will need a tool, usually a wrench or square drive to relieve the belt tensioner pressure to remove and replace the belt. If there is no diagram, just draw one on a piece of paper for reference before you remove the belt.

Reply to
user

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Easier than drawing, take a few digital pictures of the assembly, then more as you take it apart. You'll have a ready reference on how to reassemble it....and it won't cost a cent.

Reply to
mack