Moving From FL to CA: Is My FL Car Smog-Ready?

We are giving up on Florida, going to California (it was always a bad idea not to put my native state CA first anyway!)

Just wondering if the 2013 Corolla L I bought last year in FL will require me having to pay for expensive modifications to get legal to drive on CA roads.

Anyone have an idea?

Reply to
Win User

We are giving up on Florida, going to California (it was always a bad idea not to put my native state CA first anyway!)

Just wondering if the 2013 Corolla L I bought last year in FL will require me having to pay for expensive modifications to get legal to drive on CA roads.

Anyone have an idea?

Try the source California DMV

Whatever you read on this group means nothing when you hit the DMV office

Reply to
Bluto

"Bluto" wrote on Sat 26 Apr 2014 05:21:01p

Thanks.

I think I found my answer on this webdoc:

Win User

"Bluto" wrote on Sat 26 Apr 2014 05:21:01p

Thanks.

I think I found my answer on this webdoc:

I think you got it.

Does This Apply to Someone Moving to California?

If you are moving to California from another state, you may register a new

49-state vehicle if it was first registered by you in your home state, or for military personnel, in the last state of your military service. When applying for vehicle registration in California, you must provide evidence that the vehicle was registered.

Just to be sure have the Florida registration, Florida title and Florida proof of insurance before hitting the DMV but remember Whatever you read on this group means nothing when you hit the DMV office :).

Reply to
Bluto