New Avalon "FOB"

We've a 2005 Limited. Yesterday my on wife's "fob", the button cover for the trunk remote was missing. It looks like it broke off. The button works, with a long fingernail. She is pretty careful. She hangs it up both at home and her office on hook so as its not in her purse. This is the first time we've ever had this happen in any of our vehicles with the remote entry buttons.

Anyone else?

Ron

Reply to
ron

I've never heard of that happening. It should be covered under warranty.

Reply to
Ray O

I'm sure its under warranty. But strange to me. I'd guess we've had between us 10-15 cars with this fob thing and never anything like this.

so, I thought a heads up in order.

Ron

Reply to
ron

Ha your wife ever had an accident and claimed that her car was hit by a meteor?

Reply to
Mark A

nope! Its got about 1400 miles on it, just got it.

Reply to
ron