new corolla...when?

When will Toyota redesign the Corolla? In 2008? Thinking of buying one with a diesel engine but I can wait little longer if the redesign is close. Thanks

ak

turkey

Reply to
bumblebee

The Corolla re-design was delayed, probably 2008 or 2009.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray.. Any specific reason for the delay that you know of?

ak

Turkey

Reply to
bumblebee

Perhaps because it is selling so well?

Toyota seems to not do things like Ford or GM and look at the results...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

The rumor mill is that the powers to be thought that the body style that was originally planned would not be competitive with the Civic, which is selling well, so it is being re-designed.

Reply to
Ray O

The new Civic is rather eye-catching. I just hope Toyota doesn't design the Corolla to look like a mini-Camry. And I'm tired of the headlights crawling halfway up the fenders in all their new designs. The Tacoma looks rather nice and the FJ Cruiser is different also.

Reply to
badgolferman

Well, that would be good. The Corolla's styling is rather , uhm, boring.

Reply to
RT

The August '06 Motor Trend shows a sneak peak of the '08 redesigned Corolla.

Reply to
Fishface