New pony in the stable - 2006 Scion tC

I purchased a Flint Mica tC a few days ago and have been enjoying it immensely. Besides all the standard conveniences, there are lots of cool touches (front/back moonroofs, 160 watt Pioneer stereo with Scion Sound Processing, stereo controls on the steering wheel, etc.) and it's very solid and easy to drive. The motor is 2.4L/160 HP/163 ft-lb of torque VVT-i Toyota powerplant so it has plenty of "go", you can carry lots of stuff in the hatchback, and the 60/40 split rear seat area is large enough to actually hold passengers. This car is sporty without being uncomfortable or impractical, beautiful inside and out and is a GREAT VALUE for the money (less than $20K including tax). Very happy thus far.

Mark

Nice looking car! Would you do us a favor and post your real-world fuel mileage, sometime?

Reply to
DH

I hate you....

No, not really...perhaps a little jealous. Let us know how it acts over the next few months. I would like one of these myself.

Reply to
Hachiroku

BTW, how much? Any bargains?

This is the kind of Toyota I like. Everything Toyota sells under their own 'brand' now basically sucks...

I worked at a Toyota dealer this summer. Didn't like a single car!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I agree with you, man. I think the current lineup is the most undesireable and bland in Toyota's history. Hopefully they'll crank out a few more cool models under Scion.

Reply to
qslim

The dealer fee was just extra profit, in effect so was the destination fee since that is included in the MSRP. That is why one must always negotiate a total drive home price from the get go, not a fictional selling price, when comparing prices. From your description it looks like you paid $1,235 for that 'free' spoiler

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

At least they're not as ugly as Nissan's line-up.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Actually, the new Camry looks OK. And Nissan's are ugly, aren't they...and they ALL look the same!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Let me give you my PayPal #...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Reply to
ma_twain

Must be different taste, I love the Nissan/Infiniti look. The Toyotas are bland....styling is like GM, unoffensive, not striking. Of course the cars are reliable, unlike GM I do like the tC