Oil Filter Wrenches

That method has worked for me for 35 years. I used to worry that the oil on my hands would prevent me from tightening enough but I have never had an oil filter leak on me.

Reply to
Ray O

The cap wrench that fit a Fram would slip on a Toyota, Wix or Purolator. A layer of "Chrome tape" as hvac installers use was put on the inside of the cap wrench flats several years ago and is still working well.

Reply to
Mr.E

No picture or description of the $10 Fram X2 Extended Guard filter on that website. Only the Extra Guard and Tough Guard.

BTW, Fram also makes "Racing" oil filters for sale under their own brand and also sold by others under different brands.

Reply to
Mark A

I've got a pair of 18 inch channel locks that works on most every size filter and car.

Reply to
Moe

I wish that auto filter manufacturers would do what aviation oil filter manufacturers (Champion, for ex.) do: that is, put a 1" hex head on the end of the filter. Makes for easy removal, and you can torque to specs.

Reply to
tom418

Completely OT -- I keep mis-reading the Subject of this threas as "Oil Filter Wenches". It conjures strange and wonderful visions, of some superbly friendly service station, where all is done with an old-fashioned smile and vivacity (like the one in "Back To The Future"). It makes me nostalgic. (Though my local T garage does come close: yes one champagne; no on wenches.) *sigh*

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

And not a single test result. BTW, the Fram PH2951 doesn't look anything like the Fram in the picture.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly