old toyotas are still better

Last week I went to play golf (badly of course) and parked my 1997 Toyota Camry in the parking lot. When I came back I found my left rear quarter panel, left taillight and rear bumper smashed in. It looks like someone backed out of the row behind me (probably talking on a cell phone) and hit my car. They did not leave a note taking responsibility.

I only have liability on that vehicle and was told by the insurance company they would not cover the damages. I got repair estimates (to pay myself) between $1100-$2000 from body shops. One place told me to call the insurance company back and tell them the state of Virginia requires Uninsured Motorists Bodily/Property coverage and this should be covered as a hit and run. After much hemming and hawing they finally agreed to cover the damages and rental.

I am currently driving a 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser and I must say it is quite a piece of junk. The engine sounds like a lawn mower. The ride is choppy and bone-jarring. The steering is hard and must be helped back to center. The road and engine noise is unbearable. The seats are hard and feel like they have lumps. The climate control knobs have no feel to them. It gets 20 MPG while my Camry gets closer to 25 MPG. The stereo sounds okay though.

My ten-year-old Camry is still more refined and pleasant to drive than this heap. My wife said she doesn't want to drive it and will drive our Sienna instead. I am not impressed with Chrysler.

Reply to
badgolferman