The Old Golf

We've had our '90 Golf (GL 4Dr Wolfsburg 1.8 manual) for 11 years and

100,000 miles (It has 162,000).

It runs great for its age (20!). I've taken care of it and used good gas. It's still fun to drive and has lots of power- especially in the middle band.

Lately it's been burning oil- about a quart every tank. When it comes to a stop it burps a big white puff out of the tailpipe. I've heard a few backfires, too.

Reply to
B Briggs

Sell it , scrap it, part it, or rebuild the engine.

End of problem.

Reply to
DogDiesel