OT Cheney - Cutting Gas Tax Stupid

Cheney says what most of us already know, cutting the federal gas tax between memorial and labor day is pointless and does nothing but cut 10 billion in taxes.

As was pointed out earlier, the average savings is 28 dollars for each american for 5 months.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

Well, it would be about $17, because it is only 3 months to Labor Day.

Cheney is, however, right about this. Except that it wouldn't save consumers that much. I mean, most oil companies will just keep the tax money for themselves (and me, a stockholder).

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to