OT-Cracked Block Follow-Up

For those interested, I'm taking the Barr's Leaks route as a last ditch effort on my Ford 390. This engine is set up just right and I am hoping (with some desperation) that I can save it. Anyhow, I followed the Barr's procedure to the letter yesterday afternoon and evening. It is quite a chore:

  1. Install a T and completely flush all anti-freeze from the system;
  2. Start engine, bring up to operating temp and continue to run at idle for
5 minutes;
  1. Allow to cool, start, warm to op. temp and run at idle for 15 minutes;
  2. Allow to cools, start, wart to op temp and them run at 1,500 rpm for 20 minutes (it was getting dark at this point and the neighbors probably really enjoyed those Flowmaster!);
  3. Allow to cool for 1 hour;
  4. Remove radiator cap and drain system;
  5. Let it sit for 12-24 hours. I'm on the last step and keeping my fingers crossed. Say a little prayer. jor
Reply to
jor

Man, are you STILL limping that thing along?

Reply to
Supraman

It's not a limper; it's a screamer and I am still hopeful. jor

Reply to
jor

Like every time I look out into the back yard at my "Hachiroku"!!

Reply to
Hachiroku