OT: Do I disagree with Sharpton?

The car "ramming" did come up. The defense claimed they saw an action like a gun draw. The car collision was part of the situation, but it did NOT trigger fire. The policemen opened fire when one of the cops SAID "gun". then, everyone opened fire. Someone calling "gun", triggered the shooting. It can be an issue of training on how to react. I don't know if this unmarked cruiser was bullet proof. However, my concern is that all these police would open fire without actually seeing any weapon. Mistaking a play gun for a weapon in the dark... okay. Firing an entire clip without seeing a weapon...not buying it. Even the DA thought the police policy and handling was questionable and needed to be changed.

Reply to
MoMo

What precisely did the policy in question say?

Bill Putney

I haven't seen any news coverage no exactly which practices the DA was concerned with. Many people's responses on this topic have glossed over the fact that these officers were undercover and they didn't identify themselves until late in the situation. I don't know if the collision happened before or after the policemen identified themselves (an important question). The car they were in was NOT a marked cruiser. That would easily mess up their goal of busting the prostitution ring in that strip club. My assertion is that a policeman called gun before he actually saw anything. The police did NOT testify in their defense. Their sworn depositions were used...

Reply to
MoMo