{{OT}} Food?

I just had the first dose of Velvita "cheese" in many years.

I'm not sure where it came from -- my wife does not buy this crap -- but we had some. I passed a chunk over the grater and put it on some chips, and then put the whole mess in the hyper-zapper.

Real cheese melts faster and tastes better. The only thing I can hope for is that it won't develop a plug, like real cheese makes. I have a low confidence in that though. I have a pretty strong constitution, and a forgiving pallate, but I have to say, this crap is not fit for human consumption. My dog had second thoughts tool

I'm glad I got rid of this stuff before CPS found out it was in the house.

I could give a status report in the morning, but somehow I think you probably don't want to know.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Got that right.

I haven't eaten Velveeta in... can't remember when. Umpteen years ago. Same for American cheese. Which, IMO, is on par w/Velveeta. Blech.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Cathy F." ...

Actually, Velveeta melts *faster* than real cheese, which is why I use it when making boxed mac and cheese. That powder that comes in the boxes is total crap.

I do put real cheese in with it, too, though.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

In a couple of years when we run out of food you'll be begging for the Velveeta.

Reply to
badgolferman

Bon Appetit!

Reply to
mack

It's V E L V E E T A, by the way, and Kraft has made billions of bucks on it. It's perfectly good food, if a little bland. Throw some good salsa in it the next time you zap it. I'd be more interested in how it got in your kitchen in the first place, if neither you nor your wife know. Fairies and Gremlins?

Reply to
mack

Maybe they could liquify it and turn it into biofuel.

Bill Putney

I like chicken livers and other various internal organ food. Would you eat that?

Reply to
badgolferman

Well, many of us have no problem eating pussy, with or without tomato sauce!

Reply to
Sharx35

Well, for one thing, Velveeta will make Wonder Bread (the kind of stuff you can crush into the size of a golf ball) taste edible. Which it really isn't.

Sure they do, but it's in plastic tubs at the market, not the bottled stuff that's all tomato sauce.

Amazing how kids will tolerate stuff away from home that they'd throw on the floor at home, and take directions from relatives that they'd never accept from Mom (let alone Dad, who knows Nothing!)

Reply to
mack

Is this one of the blocks of cheese from the Surplus program?

It just magically appeared on your doorstep?

Now, if you can locate some of those powdered eggs they were giving out about the same time, you can have a Jimmy Carter Omlette: make up some of the powdered eggs, throw some of the Surplus cheese in it, and serve with toast!

Reply to
hachiroku

I was thinking if the cat would make a good substitute for chicken.

From National Lampoon from, oh, 28 years ago:

"What you consider household pet, we consider hearty soup base."

Reply to
hachiroku

Cats - the other white meat.

Or - for a nice beverage, this: "Coffee Made From Cat-Excreted Beans Popular in Australia"

Bill Putney

Yeah, I heard about this.

I like coffee. I drink 3-6 24oz cups a day.

But, uh, I'll pass on that, thank you!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'd much rather eat chicken livers than those foul-smelling concoctions. You can add Parmesan cheese in with your cheeses also.

Reply to
badgolferman

Come-on M. They'll grow hair on something, :)

Seriously I know what you mean. Don't EVER ever leave limburger uncovered in your ice-box.

Reply to
dbu

Livers are good. Parmesan is better...

Reply to