OT I'm back...

Did much happen while I was away?

I see NK failed to explode a nuke, no thanks to Billy Bob Clintoon.

I hear the Dims are gay bashing...

Other than that, anything of interest?

btw the Blue Ridge Parkway certainly is a National Treasure!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

No, same old same old, more republicans are likely to lose their seats, more neocons deny it.

Sure is. We're heading to Linville Falls next weekend. Are the trees still with-leaves?

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Of course, since Supergeorge is occupied, you gotta blame someone.

No gay bashing....we are just keeping a close eye on our teenage sons around older republican men.

Reply to
Truckdude

nope, samo samo....and Cheney hasn't even shot anybody lately. The only people getting shot are our fighting men in Iraq....41 dead so far this month, and it's only the 12th. So much for your boy's "Mission Accomplished"...only three years old now, and the banner's getting pretty tattered.

Reply to
mack

Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert commented about his involvement in Foleygate by saying, Truman style, that the buck stops here. Then he blamed everything on George Soros.

After work, Hastert and his unmarried 56-year-old live-in chief of staff, Scott Palmer, went home to Hastert's townhouse, and Mrs. Hastert stayed at a nearby hotel. Not that there's anything wrong or hypocritical with that.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

I heard that Bush wants to drill for oil along the Blue Ridge Parkway and failing that, build several Walmarts along the way.

Reply to
Art

Only problem is, it wouldn't overly surprise me if it was true. :-(

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I'll bet you like the trip more going down hill than up. in that old Corolla ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The best way to see that area is to fly over it. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

But flying over hills & mountains flattens them - the angle/depth perceptions are "off", re: full appreciation.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Yes it is beautiful!

I got some excellent pictures of Linville Falls.

What a spectacular location.

Have fun!!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

It did just fine on the up hill runs.

Even the ones getting on the Parkway on 'civilian' roads. Now those are some pretty interesting roads....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Not at 500 feet ;)

mike hunt