(OT) Mission Accomplished

Famous last words. Right up there with, "al Qaeda is on the run."

We (Republicans) need to be pointing this out as relentlessly as the lamestream media covered Bush's misstep in declaring an end to hostilities. From my perspective, Bush was more right than wrong, Obama is more wrong than right.

OBL is dead and gone, but the end of al Qaeda is nowhere in sight. At least the war, as war is defined, was over and we won. We were not so successful with the peace, but the war was over.

OBL said in the days following 9/11 that he would be victorious because we were weak and would not see this through to the end. If we were one half as ruthless as al Qaeda is -- indiscriminate bombing, killing of innocent civilians, and so on -- then we could win this thing in a week, but we play by rules that nobody else observes, and this puts us at a distinct disadvantage. We need Black Ops. We need the headlines in the morning Desert Dust newspaper to read ABDUL IS MISSING TODAY, then tomorrow the headline is MUHOMMAD IS MISSING TODAY, and the next day some other raghead cannot be found.

Until we are willing to create the conditions that make the headlines that say such things, we will not win this. Al Qaeda will never be "on the run" until the terror they live is greater than the terror they dish out. That's the bottom line. We need leaflets on Tuesday night that say STAY AWAY FROM ABDUL, then on Wednesday morning the newspapers that say, WHERE IS ABDUL? We need to be the meanest f---ing terrorists that terrorists have ever seen. Until then, we are at their mercy.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland