{OT}No Rationing If You Pull Up With A Hybrid

Mommie, mommie, that naughty lady said the T-word! (*ahem* They prefer to be known as "Trekkers". *koff* So people say.) ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

Methinks you've just used up your ration of fate-tempting, right there, kiddo. ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

Good show, Greywolf. I just finished a rebuild of an '81 Suzuki GS850. That company makes fantastic bikes. Makes me wonder what kind of bike Toyota could produce if so inclined.

Reply to
qslim

I'll survive somehow...I don't have to do *everything, to feel complete :) Lest you forget, I'm a veteran, nurse, wife and mother - not in that order. If I bought it tomorrow, I wouldn't feel cheated.

Depends on your life.

I'm with ya there - those things have a long way to go, IMO

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Pity you weren't riding that day, because if you were and you're a smart rider (you are, aren't you?) you'd have been watching your six, you'd have seen that vehicle coming up too fast, and you'd taken the planned exit route that your car won't allow, and the crash wouldn't have happened or it would have been into another vehicle because you'd have been out of harm's way.

There are situations where motorcycles are SAFER than cars, especially for a rider who's always on full alert . . . .

-Don (riding safe in MN -- AFTER the snow's gone ;^)

Reply to
Don Fearn

My dad's kidneys failed at 64. He had a TIA at 68, and was increasingly worse off after that until he died at 71 weighing just 118 lbs. My kidneys failed at 46. Any takers on what quality of life I'm going to have at the end?

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

He would have gotten me in this case. He was stopped behind me. His GPS's voice told him to do something and he stepped on the gas. Once I have two cars stopped behind me, I put the bike in neutral.

Pat

Reply to
Greywolf

Oh man! Sometimes you just can't win. I *am* glad you were driving your cage that day . . . .

You sound like a smart guy -- 'cause that's exactly what I do when I'm riding.

-Don (takes one (smart guy) to know one ;^)

Reply to
Don Fearn

Charles,

Knowing that you had recently dealt with some serious medical issues, I was impressed with how healthy you seemed when we met last week. Even though your health may be poor at the end, you'll still have your family and friends, and they make a HUGE difference in the quality of your life. It seems to me that unless someone dies suddenly, their health will be poor and declining at the end, and the best way to preserve their quality of life is to maintain a close relationship with family and friends. ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

To quote Gene Roddenberry, when some dweeb dare bring that up (Not an exact quote)...."I invented you, so I say you're Trekkies!"

'nuff said.

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Ray, you just contradicted what you said about your gram :-P

Anyway, you're right - seeing the glass half-empty greatly damages one's quality of life. Everyone, even athletes have *some* lifestyle limitation, either mental or physical, no matter what they say.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I guess I didn't make my point very clearly. IMO, "health" and "quality of life" are apples and oranges. One can be healthy and have a good or poor quality of life or ill and have a good or poor quality of life.

We're on the same song sheet!

Reply to
Ray O

Yes, but seeing the mental image of my Dad as thin as a KZ-lager prisoner and in such pain and fighting to stay alive so he could do the one last thing for his wife, (stay alive until she was 65 so she'd get all his SS check when he did die.) That hurts. I have a brother getting married in 2 days. My sister has her own house now. And no woman would be CRAZY enough to want someone with no kidneys. I know that no matter what shape I'm in now, eventually she's going to have to take care of me. Sooner or later. Hopefully later, but to me that's not fair to ask some woman. She gets all the 'bad' years and she missed all the good years. . . When I could scuba dive and travel all over in my little '79 Corolla. It's not fair to impose that on someone.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Force of habit from driving manual shift cars, I put any motorcycle I'm riding in neutral if there is one. (I have ridden mopeds that lack a true neutral, just an automatic clutch.) Sometimes on long lights I'll even put my A/T on my car in neutral. Some of these lights can be 5 minutes long, I'm not going to burn up my clutches and strain the shafts for 5 minutes. I'll put her in neutral and put on the handbrake.

Charles of Schaumburg. No I don't own a motorcycle, but have ridden a few over the years.

Reply to
n5hsr

IMO, you possess an unusual degree of unselfishness - I your parents brought you up right. But you never know... I believe in the adage that there is someone out there for everyone - don't give up yet!

You are fortunate to have a brother and sister who are willing to stick with you and are not on the other side of the continent.

Reply to
Ray O

Yup!

yes, and YES

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Right now my brother and his new bride (42 and 20) are on the other side of the state honeymooning.

And we didn't give them a shivaree. . . .

I'm somewhat remiss in my duties as new brother in law . . .

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

What is a shivaree?

Reply to
Ray O

What Ray said

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

On 17 Mar 2006, the world was enlightened by qslim's opinion about...

wqrewef

kev

Reply to
kev