(OT) Quote of the Day

Rep. Charles Rangel. (D-N.Y.) was asked what he thought about the President.

"Well" he said, "I really think he shatters the myth of white supremacy once and for all."

Reply to
tak

That sure sounds like a racist remark to me. Why can he get away with saying defamatory remarks such as that and white republicans such as Trent Lott get hung from their heels for saying something nice to a fellow Senator who is celebrating their 100th birthday?

Reply to
badgolferman

Because for him it's par for the course. He knows the very population he's offending is above his comments. No big deal.

Reply to
mark digital©

Now that is funny!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

The remarks were not at all similar. Lott's clear implilcation was that the country would be better off if blacks did not have full civil rights. Rangel did not recommend any such policy.

And Lott is not alone. White supremacists are still a force in politics in some areas.

And Rangel's remark was very funny.

Reply to
dh

Yeah, I've seen this one; cracked me up. ;-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Because Rangel doesn't hate white people, while Trent Lott hates black people.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

cite....

Prove it....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Me too. Just as funny as the first time.

Reply to
tak