OT: Reich Wing Idiots - Call your elected officials...

....and ask them why illegal immigrants can get credit from Bank of America. You all love to whine about illegal immigrants. Ask you elected idiots how much they are paid by BOM to look the other way.

JoeSpareBedroom

Irritates my ass too Joe, I'd not deal with B of A except I do the banking for my mother and father-in-law and neither will think of banking elsewhere. "I get free checking" both say and get NO interest on their checking accounts, regardless of the balance. I pissed them off when I took all but

5k from her checking and put into an interest account. They must have a way to screw illegals like they do old folks.

Ron in Ca

Reply to
Ron

That bank is trying to gather assets more aggressively than anything I've seen. In the past 2 months, I've gotten about a dozen card offers with great balance transfer deals. They're all different branded cards (Bass Pro Shops, etc). BOA just merged with MBNA, which is unfortunate. The great service vanished. Next, illegal aliens. Not sure if it's time to short the stock, or what....

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yeah, we get the same thing along with the "we can save you thousands a year on your mortgage" The phone calls have stopped about the mortgage thing. I used to really frustrate their ass when I told them I didn't have a mortgage. The silence was deafening. I doubt if a day goes by that one of us doesn't get a card offer in the mail. I shred them but they can cause a person a lot of grief if the offers get into wrong hands. Ron in Ca

Reply to
Ron

Put yourself on the national Do Not Call list.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

And the state list, also.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Cathy, are you still in NY? Have you experienced the fundraising call from the NY state police benevolent association, which doesn't exist? :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yes, I'm in NY (& still have more shoveling to do!). I don't know whether or not they've tried to call me, because if Caller ID says "Out of Area" or displays a toll-free no., or one that I don't even begin to recognize, I don't bother to pick up.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Too bad - they're fun! Last time, I told them there was a tradition in my family: We only give to charities if we can see someone smile when we hand over the money. "So, where are you guys located?" Paterson NJ, and during another call, White Plains. "Cool! I right near there. When can I come in, and is it OK if I'm carrying a loaded gun?" Silence. Click. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I put both house phones and both cell phones on the do not call list - BUT our wonderful politicos exempted themselves and "fund-raisers" from it. Arnold and clint eastwood both called with taped messages as well as a bunch of others.

I must say not many calls since the elections and holidays.

Ron in Ca

Reply to
Ron

Clint Eastwood? Who was he stumping for?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

When the founders put 'freedom of speech' in the Constitution it was meant to protect political speech, not commercial or individual speech. Should the government restrict political speech?

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

If one get a call for a donation for ANY police organization it is a scam. Police groups NEVER solicit the public on the phone.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Was that intended as a response to my question about Clint Eastwood?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

True.

False. We've received calls from Deputy Publishing on behalf of the Maricopa County (AZ) Sheriff's Department charity, a subsidiary of Western Publishing, a fundraising firm that readily admitted to keeping 80-90% of the donation money. I phoned the Sheriff's Dept. about this and was told that the company did work for them and that when they tried to raise the money themselves, they netted less in donations.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Like I said, if one gets a call for a donation for ANY police organization it is a scam. If what you say is actually true, then apparently you found ONE that participates in a scam. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter