OT: TATA $2500 Car?

You usually get what you pay for. I'm a bit skeptical, but there are some really smart folks in India. I guess we will soon see.

user

"Ph@Boy" wrote in news:I56dnXWdv9_cFB7anZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@trueband.net:

I've read in Forbes about this car.

This sort of car would not sell here for several reasons:

1) It won't even come close to meeting North American or European safety and crash regulations; 2) it won't meet NA/EU emissions regs; 3) unlike NA/EU, the Indian low-priced new car market does not have competition from a huge volume of modern used cars.

When your usual transportation is a moped or an ox, even the worst automobile is luxurious.

Reply to
Tegger

who needs safety??

EdV

for 2,500 dollars, if it last you a year then you have gotten your moneys worth... This actually a great achievement. This could also help many single mothers and the poor have transportation for a low cost.

Reply to
Mr4701

EdV wrote in news:adea0f0f-d6c7-4932-90b6- snipped-for-privacy@41g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

Compared to animals or mopeds, ANY car is a Safety Nazi's dream.

Do you have any idea how many people were killed or maimed by horses and wagons before cars came along?

Reply to
Tegger

Safety is important, I just wanted to point out the driving style in India and why the TATA is good for India.

Reply to
EdV

Holy Crap!

But, I want one of those little white vans that are smaller than a sedan! That would really fit my needs.

And, if you think that was bad, check this:

Hachiroku

I LOVE TaTas!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Whoa!

Reply to
EdV

And being you Hachi, I would guess bodacious ones! ;)

Reply to
user

It looks like Tata is shooting for the low end with the $2500 car and the high end by buying Jaguar!

I see some interesting marketing possibilities besides the pair that Hachi alluded to, like a guy waving "ta ta" and getting in his Tata and driving away, or a guy saying "Ta Ta Jaguar" when a carjacker or his ex-wife drives away.

Reply to
Ray O

(Actually, I like smaller ones better!)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Damn, that's right! Tata is buying Jaguar from Ford. I heard that on the BBC, too and had forgotten it.

Reply to
Hachiroku

They had a feature about this on the BBC tonight. Now I had heard about this car before...a few months ago (there *ARE* reasons I listen to the BBC every night...) but tonight's report was even more interesting...

It seems a LOT of the car's pieces are assembled...with GLUE!!! That's right, a lot of the car is glued together!

Hope it's better than Elmer's!

Reply to
Hachiroku

paper mache =)

Reply to
EdV

**I'd like to buy the Bodacious Ta Ta Limited Edition. Buy two so you can spend your days standing in-between two Bodacious Ta Tas.

What is Hachi doing today? He's waxing his wife's Ta Tas.

Okay, I'll stop...

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom