OT: "terroristic threatening" ???

"The woman was also charged with one count of terroristic threatening for pointing a handgun at an officer,"

Anyone see where "terroristic threatening" could lead, with an overzealous justice department?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

A new buzzword for the hoplophobes.

But you don't need a gun to get shot:

Not your typical example of our largest force, but it makes you raise an eyebrow. There's something really fishy about this one.

I'll keep you posted.

Reply to
witfal

I'm not so sure. Designate someone a terrorist, and you can then ignore certain constitutional requirements. Remember how some of the Thunderbird crew in this group love to say "it couldn't happen to an American citizen"?

Don't be so sure.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Er...that's sorta what I meant, Joe. Hoplophobes all ignore the Second Amendment.

Illustrated by my San Diego Police story. I'm really interested, in this case, how the officer thought it justified to shoot at a woman and a young boy.

Really interested.

Reply to
witfal

Don't limit it to hoplophobes. The entire justice department can use the word "terrorist" anytime they want, for anyone.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It's just another word used to demonize someone for a predetermined result.

Historically, that's certainly nothing new. Gun owners have been under this kind of assault for decades.

Unfortunately now it's likely that others are going to feel this kind of extremism.

Reply to
witfal