OT: What? Me worry?

For Dbu, Hachi, and the ostriches:

tak

mack

true enough!

Reply to
tak

It was the first summer in a LONG time we didn't have an official 'heat wave' (three or more days above 90 degrees) We had fewer days above 90 than any other year.

The 4th of July was a whopping 68 degrees here.

We've had more snow by the week before Christmas than we have had all winter some years.

Yup, Climate Change it is...and it looks like we've peaked. In light of the horrendous winter weather we've been bearing here in the US, even the BBC has STFU about 'Global Warming', and has barely said a word about 'climate change'.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Oh, yeah. That too.

The climate of the earth changes every few thousand years. The poles shift. Arid regions become temperate, polar caps melt and temperate regions become deserts. No big deal. Just that Man is no longer Nomadic, and for some reason certain individuals have some kind of guilt trip and need to blame themselves...or, really, others, for the pestilence that is befalling man.

The cavemen just got up and moved south...

Reply to
Hachiroku

It's Gore inspired hogwash.

Take a geology course, look at ice core sample data, and see temperature and CO2 levels have risen about every 10-15,000 years in the past 650,000 years...

Right before an Ice Age...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Not to speak of the FACT that rising CO2 levels are not the cause of warming, just evidence of it. Cart before the horse, so to speak.

Reply to
witfal

That was what I got from looking at the data. Temperature rose first, and CO2 followed.

Nobody bothers to mention that, however.

The real question is this: what purpose is all this serving? I don't get it. Are they just stupid, is there an agenda, or do they just like blaming Man for everything?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ostrich, eh?

This must be what I'm burying my head in...

Hachiroku

Mr Gore has cleared something like $170,000,000 since he got out of the office of Vice President. He works, full-time, promoting the disaster of global warming, his motive is money. Also the United States' government is spending billions of dollars every year on 'researching' global warming. If the problem was proven to be a non-problem, all that money would dry up. Again, the motive is money.

My dad told me years ago that if you want to get to the root of a problem, follow the money and see if anyone profits from it.

Jack

Reply to
Retired VIP

Yup! I particularly like the pledge he wants all of US to take, but won't tkae himself!

Reply to
Hachiroku