PLEASE HELP

Hey. I have a ?99 Corolla. Last summer I was driving my car down the road and all of a sudden, I heard this sputtering noise and then everything "dies" and my car coasts to a stop. 10 minutes later, I could re-start it and drive a mile and it quits on me again. I take the car to two different dealerships and have 2 diagnostic tests done. Mechanics say nothing is wrong with it. Well, from then on, when I start the car, it revs up and down two or three times (without me doing anything) until it finds it?s correct level. Well, I?ve had no problems with it quitting on me since last summer (besides the revving at start-up) and I?m on my way to work tonight and I get to a redlight and the RPM?s drop so low it sounds like it?s barely running. I get going and acts like it?s going to stall. Oh, and whenever I?m driving around 35 mph and let off the gas, it hestitates and acts like it is going to start bucking. Ugh, I dont? want to keep having these stupid tests done if no one can actually help. If you have ANY advice, I?d really appreciate it. I?ve heard everything from a fuel pump to an air intake valve? to an 02 sensor problem. HELP ME PLEASE. :(

Reply to
KristenLH27

The air intake sounds like a good place to start. My Celica does this; it was traced to a small crack in the air intake tube.

Reply to
hachiroku