Possible to buy used Matrix/Vibe for $8k?

He said, 'you're' not aware, I guess the post was directed to you ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Typical reply. That your problem, you like to comment on every post, and find fault with what is posted, without first doing a search to find out if what you BELIEVE is actually true. There is a name for people like that LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

When did Edmonds start comparing individual drive home price anyway. You are entitled to you own opinion, no mater how convoluted it may be or how often you express your opinion. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I checked a source that was incomplete. Thanks to Travis Jordan, I now know the information was incomplete.

As he said, there was apparently little incentive to waste verbiage explaining the genesis of the Aveo. I've driven one and I can certainly understand an aversion to wasting resources on the Aveo.

***
Reply to
DH

Edmunds compares the real selling price after incentives. The things that are missing are things which are not unique to the car. Trade, if any, taxes. There may also be individual dealer advantages and disadvantages. For similar dealer overhead in the same state, with the same trade situation, Edmunds will give an accurate picture of relative vehicle pricing.

If you're so much more knowledgeable and accurate, why not set up your own web site and put Edmunds out of business? I'm sure you'd be doing the world a real service.

Until you do, your credibility is zilch. However, you do appear very familiar with your right to remain wrong.

***
Reply to
DH

You should try to keep your misinformation all in one spot for the convenience of those who actually look things up.

Nadaguides contradicts you on the new price. The Vibe is more expensive when new.

[snip condescending BS from...]
***
Reply to
DH

The magic word is 'sells,' in the sentence 'The Vibe sells for thousands less new, when similarly equipped, than the Matrix ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You have never actually tried to compare the drive home prices of a similarly equipped Vibe and a Matrix. Until you do, your credibility is zilch. However, you do appear very familiar with your right to remain wrong. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery, thank you.

And YOU have compared the price of the Vibe and the Matrix? Is that right, Mr. "I Used to Drive Lexuzses But Now I Only Drive Ford Mustangs and Lincolns?"

Answer: No, you haven't.

[snicker]

disadvantages.

***
Reply to
DH

Don't come whining back here with that. You referred us to Nadaguides. I looked. You're wrong.

Why don't you just set up your own web site, call it "misinformation.com," and put up whatever numbers you like? That way you'll have an "authoritative" source on the 'net that, finally, agrees with you. Just remember to get back to it and change the numbers when you contrradict yourself.

***
Reply to
DH

By the way, on 5/22 at 1532, you posted this:

And you've been remarkably quiet about that piece of "information" since. I presume this is because you noticed Travis Jordan's post on 5/23 at 1402, titled "For the record: 2005 Toyota Matrix Outsold Pontiac Vibe" which included supporting evidence. Or, perhaps you noticed the recent decision by Pontiac to cut two variants of the Vibe from their lineup because of slow sales?

Am I to presume since the Matrix outsells the Vibe, that the sales volume is further evidence that the "total drive home price" of the Matrix is actuallly lower? Or are you now going to ignore your previous specious reasoning?

***
Reply to
DH

Aparently my source of the sales figues was not correct, or they refered to sales in the US alone, I don't know

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Wrong about what? Have you ever tried to get a drive home price for both, to know for sure that you are not wrong? Every time I ever compared Edmonds Toyota prices, in the market place, they were always lower than the price the dealer wanted me to pay to drive the car home, and the prices did not include financing, since I write checks.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Actually I have, and did not by either, my grandson preferred a Mazda. I buy more cars than just those I buy for myself. Since you did not want to answer the question I can only assume you have not compare the two so your opinion is just that, an uninformed opinion.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Gee, and I thought his absence was just because I *plonked* him.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Why would I waste a couple of salespeople's time doing that? Their time is valuable to them. People use things like Edmunds because they provide a valuable service. If they provided inaccurate information, they'd be gone.

I'm supposed to believe YOU? Ha!

I bought my first Toyota because it was LESS than the comparable Chevy/Chrysler. It's still worth a lot of money. Toyota gives you excellent value and Edmunds' figures reflect this. They hold their value well and Edmunds' figures reflect this.

***
Reply to
dh

That is what I expected, obviously you do not know that Edmonds site does not reflect actual drive home prices, only selling prices. If you did try to verify the total drive home pricing is in fact far different than selling prices, you would realize that fact.

I never said Edmunds did not provide accurate information, I have simply been tiring to point out to you their service does not provide total drive home pricing, nor could they. If you ever compared drive home prices between three different dealership, on the exact same vehicle, you would know there is always a difference in the total drive home price even on the same car.

It appears you would rather continue to believe what you want to believe rather than become enlightened as to what happens in the real world. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You have what, top poster?

"did not by either?" WTF does that mean?

Better than the bald-faced lies that you spew out, top poster.

Reply to
dizzy

My dear friend dizzy AKA, Stupid, Idiot, Troll, Moron, Asshole, Engineer and pathological liar, your statement is just one more BOLD faced lie from a proven pathological liar AKA as dizzy, Stupid, Idiot, Troll, Moron, Asshole, and Engineer ;)

mike, hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

They started out real bad, lots of recalls.. BUT after all the recalls were done, Ford fixed it all and the latest models are one of the best buys you can get. Very reliable and cheap. A great economy car.

Reply to
RT