problems with the rx

i have an 2000 rx 300 and whenever i turn the heat on while driving, i start smelling gas and i don't know what the reason would be. does anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Reply to
ujaalerrr

Have you tried lifting the hood and sniffing around while the car is running?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

When you say that you smell gas, do you mean gasoline or exhaust gas?

In either case, I recommend that you stop using the vehicle and bring it to a competent technician or dealer as soon as possible for professional diagnosis and repair. If you are smelling gasoline, do not drive the vehicle! Have it towed to the shop because of the risk of fire. If you are smelling exhaust gas, open all of the windows fully when driving to the shop, or have it towed.

Reply to
Ray O

Do you have the air vents in recirculate when you smell the gas? The Camry automatically switches from recirculate to fresh when the heater is on, the same case for the Sienna I rented days ago when I drove up north to New Hampshire. This is to maintain humidity inside the Cabin. Its in the Owners Manual. To cancel the auto switching, you have to press on the recirc button for 3 secs or more. The downside in canceling auto switch is that the air becomes very dry inside the car and its hard to breathe.

When did you last inspect your cabin air filter?

Reply to
EdV