Question on my AC test gauge set.....

Its a R134a guage set. The low side quick-disconnect fitting is leaking badly. It has a black o-ring, and a small part of it has been damaged, and has come out/down from the groove it is supposed to be seated in. Problem is even if I had a replacement o-ring, I don't see how I am going to get a anew one in there. The seating groove is under a wider area on top, and there appears to be no way to take the quick-disconnect apart. Are these o-rings replaceable? Autozone sells an assortment of green o-rings for refrigeration, perhpas one of these will work? Or do you just go get a new low-side hose, shutoof valve, and quick-disconnect?

Reply to
geronimo

If you cannot get the new O-ring seated with something like a pick, a replacement hose, quick-disconnect, and depending on the location of the shut-off valve, a valve are in order. Depending on what you paid for the gauge, a new gauge may be less expensive.

Reply to
Ray O

Yup, still around.

Coming to the Windy City?

Reply to
Ray O

I don't have any extra rooms, but we'll have to get together! Send me an e-mail when you get things firmed up.

Reply to
Ray O