RAV4 air pressure warning light question?

Several times now our '07 RAV4 low air pressure warning light has come on. The dealer says it's the spare tire. But it comes back on and then
after days goes away. The pressure is fine. Any ideas on the fix? Thanks much.
Chuck

Is there a way to disable that silly system?
chuck schroeder, 5/17/2008,9:06:27 AM, wrote:

The spare tire? I didn't know the spare tire is attached to that system. There is a way to reset the system, check your manual.
--
"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who
reads nothing but newspapers." ~ Thomas Jefferson
chuck schroeder wrote:

When you have adjusted all of the pressures in each tire including the spare, (each tire has it's own transmitter), you will probably have to reset the system. There is usually a reset button somewhere on the lower part of the dash. Check the manual, it should be mentioned. It is probably the TPMS system.

You need to make sure that all the tires, including the spare, are adjusted to the proper pressure (as listed on the vehicle placcard, not the tire sidewall) when cold. There is no reset button on a 2007 RAV4. My SOs had this exact same concern, and properly adjusting the pressures eliminated the problem. Too high a pressure will also cause problems with the light.
Also see:
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/rav4/73704-rav4-2006-tire-pressure-reset-button /
Ed