Re: Did an ATF flush today at home

I'm not sure, but I think your problem was mixing different lubricants. The transmission would not like that at all. It is a bad practice to do that, and I think you just learned why.

Don't bother with the last cup or two of fluid, it won't change anything except how long it takes to add the full quart.

You have far more serious issues than being a cup low on fluid. The most critical issue is that you did not flush the transmission at all.

Please tell me that you did not reuse the clamps. Please! Those clamps are one-time use only. If you have to take them off, they should be discarded and replaced with a standard hose clamp, or another clamp like the one you just tossed into the trash -- except you didn't toss it, did you?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Jeff, I'm sorry to correct you, but you don't seem to know very much about transmissions, certainly not as much as some of the transmission experts on BobIsTheOilGuy.com . Those hose clamps are re-usable, according to a 2-week-old post made by a transmission *expert* on the Bob discussion board.

And I guarantee you the clamps in my car are working very well--no leaks at all.

Jeff, I've been wanting to ask this of you for quite a while. It must be very interesting being part of a family that is half Fundamentalist Christian and half Jewish. Can you talk a little bit about that, if it's not an intrusive question.

Reply to
Built_Well