Re: An atheist professor & his student

Nope. Keep trying.

Reply to
witfal

Agreed. That's why certain books made the canon, while other were rejected. Couple that with Jesus never having quoted from Apocryphal or Maccabean books, and you have another good reason.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I've always been fond of saying that Jesus proved everything He said, and validated His deity, by the Resurrection. Anyone who cares to disagree with Him should at least be able to do likewise.

Reply to
witfal

(snip)

You realize, of course, Jesus was not a Christian! According the scripture He wasn't even a very good Jew.

Reply to
doc

Wrong. He thought his mother was a virgin, and his mother thought he was a god. Definitely Jewish.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Gosh, ya' think?

According to whose Scripture? Certainly not the OT or NT. All He effectively did was to reveal to the Sanhedrin what miserable failures THEY were at being, as you put it, a good Jew.

Reply to
witfal

Not "a god", THE God.

And He KNEW she wasn't a virgin after his first brother was born.

Reply to
witfal

Don't ruin the joke. :)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Okay. Another:

Two Jewish women were talking about their respective sons. One asked, "So how's your boy?" The other replied, "He's in therapy. The psychiatrist says he's suffering from an Oedipus complex."

The first replied,"Oedipus-schmedipus. As long as he loves his mother."

Reply to
witfal

An old Jewish couple goes to their lawyer. He says "So, are we updating the will?" "No. We want a divorce", says the wife. The lawyer looks shocked. "Sorry to hear that. How long have you been unhappy together?" The husband says "Oh...about 60 years". The lawyer asks "Why'd you wait so long???" The wife says "We wanted to wait till the children were dead!"

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I just read this out loud to my wife. She laughed, then said, "That's sick."

I liked it.

Reply to
witfal

Two Muslim ladies are talking over tea. #1 pulls out some pictures of her kids:

"This is Yusuf. He would've been 24, but he's a martyr".

#2 says "What a good looking boy!"

#1 shows another picture and says "This is Zakir. He would've been 20, but like his brother, a martyr".

#2 says "I remember him. He wanted to be a doctor".

#1 shows one more picture and says "This is Jamal. He would've been 16, but....a martyr".

#2 sighs deeply and says "Kids! They blow up so fast these days!"

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

VERY funny.

witfal