Re: Best no BS motor oil/filter comparison?

I see opinions of the "I swear by" type all over the map. Anyone know

> of a good site that shows the truth about which brand/type of oil & > filter performs the best? Thinking in the passenger car realm. > > Thanks

I have been driving cars since I was 15 years old (59) years and usd to do all my own oil changes until I got too old .

The big thing with oil and filters is to change the oil and filter regularly and often, regardless of brand.

When I was a poor young lad I used reclaimed motor oil that had been re-refined and the cheapest oil filter I could get.

Now that I can afford to pay someone to do my oil changes ? I take it to a Toyota dealer and they change the oil for me for $20.00 Canadian and change including the filter, but I supply the oil (Mobil1 5W30 yellow cap extended service , $27.00 and change at Walmart for 4-5 quarts.)

In all those years I have never, ever, had an oil related problem with my vehicles.

In my early years before synthetic oil I changed the oil+filter every

2400-3000 miles because MOST of my driving was severe service (city)

Now with the extended service Mobil1 Synthetic,(yellow cap) I change it every 5000 miles .Yellow cap is GAURANTEED FOR 15,000 MILES BY MOBIL.

Since my driving is now about 50-50 NORMAL and severe service(highway and city)

Like I say , I have never , ever ,had an oil related problem with any of my cars over the years.

Most of my cars have gone well over 315,000 klms and then were given to my kids ,and they still ran forever.

The secret is ;change your oil according to your driving conditions.

Reply to
mred