Re: BYE!!!

"Hachiroku ????" ...

>> IMPORTANT: CHANGE IN VERIZON NEWSGROUP SERVICE > > *snipping for brevity >> >> Although we all at one point or another ACT like children, I don't think >> I've seen a lot of CP in this group. As a matter of fact, since this is >> not a binaries group, I can't even post pix through Verizon's servers to >> this group. >> >> Talk about casting out the baby with the bath water... >> >> >> I wonder if we can start a class-action lawsuit? There must be SOME ACLU >> lawyer out there in one of the groups... > > So what, you're too good for Google Groups? > > *ducking* > > Natalie, glad to have a Super-Ultra-Geeky friend with his own NG server!

I still have his server as a back-up just in case Giganews should run into any trouble - merci to both of you. As to Googler Groups - way to clunky for both reading & posting, IMO! BTDT a few isolated times & hated it - a frustrating format/vehicle.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Cathy F."

It used to be "Déjà News" - I nicknamed it "Déjà Snooze"

*Awful*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Dunno. I didn't like google at first, but after I got used to it, I think I actually prefer it vs a regular reader/news server.. And I have both... So far anyway.. I'm on comcast which has news so far, but I hear Time Warner is also shutting down news servers, and if TW is doing it, I fear Comcast may not be far behind them.. But being I've gotten used to google, and have used it for a couple or more years, it will basically be a non event. I really don't care much anymore.. One thing I prefer about the google format is I can read a whole page of posts in a thread at once, vs having to open up each one individually. The refresh rate of google is real fast now, vs the old days.. Often nearly instant, unless they have a problem..

Reply to
nm5k

Dunno. I didn't like google at first, but after I got used to it, I think I actually prefer it vs a regular reader/news server.. And I have both... So far anyway.. I'm on comcast which has news so far, but I hear Time Warner is also shutting down news servers, and if TW is doing it, I fear Comcast may not be far behind them.. But being I've gotten used to google, and have used it for a couple or more years, it will basically be a non event. I really don't care much anymore.. One thing I prefer about the google format is I can read a whole page of posts in a thread at once, vs having to open up each one individually. The refresh rate of google is real fast now, vs the old days.. Often nearly instant, unless they have a problem..

Well if it's not 2-hour lagging like it did in the past, I suppose that would be okay.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®