Re: CEO: Toyota vehicles lacked passion, must be more exciting

I see plenty of exciting cars out there. I just cannot afford to drive them.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Well, some people just want to get from point A to point B reliably. Toyota fits that category. If you want some excitment with little money get a Honda.

Reply to
Bob Jones

You'd waste your money there instead of waiting a little bit for an Si?

Si is in plentiful demand. That you couldn't find a dealer that had one, tells me you weren't trying very hard...

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Some people well versed in programming and reverse engineering have been doing that since the first Prius in Japan (before the NA debut of the Prius in the US).

There is a proportional decrease in life expectancy when modding the motor torque commands.

Have you test driven the AWD Highlander hybrid or it's Lexus sister? That's pretty torquey from the factory since it has an electric motor rear diff as well as a V6 hybrid driving the front wheels.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Toyota MDT in MO

190 "fake" HP. Honda has been touting B.S.y HP figures since the inception of the first Civic VTEC engine. I can't believe how weak they are (seat of the pants evaluation) for the advertised HP. It's a good engine, but the advertising is a bit misleading. Nissan participates in the fake HP war as well. The only Toyota engine I felt might have slightly lofty HP specs was the 2ZZ-FE, but it just kicks in at such a high RPM that it's hard to use it in daily driver mode. Also I don't know what gas the owners are using, but it's supposed to take premium due to the high compression when the intake cam is in cruise/power position. Since I don't own one, I can only drive customer Celicas to evaluate. It's much better than the base engine, that's for sure.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Toyota MDT in MO