Re: O2 Sensor?

> I put in a cat made by Eastern Catalytic. =A0Are they any good? =A0 My > truck is OBD II but doesn't have an O2 sensor downstream from the cat, > and the emissions testing stations here don't stick a probe into the > tailpipe of OBDII vehicles.

If the system thinks everything is ok, and is not reading an error code, then I would think it should pass. They don't sniff mine either.. They just plug in and let the puter tell the story. As long as it's run enough cycles to not be flagged as a "recent reset", and is spitting out no codes, should pass I would think. As far as that brand, no idea.. I'm sure all brands are not equal. So it might be ok, but so far I've found OEM cats to generally be a good bit better than most aftermarket versions. Course, they charge the $$$$ for em... :( I'm glad my Corolla sits low to the ground.. They would have to jack it up. I keep it in the garage too.. They try to get it there, they may have to dodge a few rounds of .40 S&W.. :/ With the medical bills, I don't see it as a financially viable endeavor for them.

Reply to
nm5k