Re: {OT} American consumer takes it in the wallet again

Or cars that get better gas mileage and other conservation efforts. Look at what happened when demand went down by just a few percent. Imagine if people continued to make efforts to conserve fuel, like combine trips to keep the engine warm (engines are more efficient when they are warm), keep tires inflated, plan routes to reduce idling in traffic, take public transportation (where available), etc.

To essentially put all of our eggs in one geographical > basket is, in today's world, sheer insanity. Why should our wallets be > hostage to the shortsighted members of Congress and state politicians > who restrict construction, then are the first to bitch when gas prices > go up a nickel?

Why should be hostage to global warming and governments with certain ethical issues?

Why not do the smart thing and conserve energy and use renewable resources?

Jeff

Reply to
Mike Hunter

It seems that enough of it will be, but do you have proof to the contrary?

Where are the cheaper energy sources? The energy industry says they've already been tapped.

In the long term, we can have more energy or we can have cheap energy, but it's unlikely we can have more cheap energy.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly