Re: OT: If change is good...

> > Why is Obama doing the exact same as Bush?

> .. > > "Why is Obama doing the exact same as Bush?" > > I read where he said this was a necessary but temporary > solution, and mentioned another type of plant (grass?) and > another one or two items which are better energy performers > and are NOT food items. > > This is in addition to the promise to steer us toward > renewable energy. > > I saw a pie chart yesterday which showed the total > of all possible oil reserves in the world equalled the > energy, received by the Earth from Sol, in one year. > We MUST tap this energy. > > dennis > in nca

Solar is not practical on a large scale. Fine if you want to power some batteries in your motorhome, the panels will set you back about $1200 each and you'll need a couple at least mounted on the roof. This would be just for charging two large batteries. To think solar power is going to power cities, that is a false hope. I would put my money into nuclear and hydropower, problem with those is the enviromental nut cases won't allow it. That means we have to reduce our dependence on energy which means eventually we'll go back to candle light and wood fires to keep warm in our caves.

Reply to
dbu'